No matter how young you might feel, or how much you do not want to think about getting older, the fact remains that at some point in time you will be facing the age of retirement. If you have not made plans for your financial security at retirement age, you will find yourself living on the fringes of society, relying heavily on what little Social Security will be available for you. In order to prevent this scenario and guarantee a secure financial future, the easiest way to start saving for retirement is right after college. At Betterment, you will find all of the tools you need to start planning for your future today.
What is Betterment?
Betterment is on online financial management tool that allows you to decide how much you want to invest every month. Once you have begun to deposit money, it automatically starts to work for you by choosing investments that best fit your needs.
How Does Betterment Work?
Unlike many other financial management tools, Betterment allows you to set your own goals toward retirement and then gives you the tools to help meet those goals. With a monthly automatic investment of only $100, you can see your portfolio begin to grow in a short period of time. The financial advisors at Betterment can help you choose investment opportunities based on what your goals are, and help you manage your deposits in a way that will facilitate growth over time.
Why is Betterment The Company for Me?
There are several different reasons why Betterment offers a better investment program than other leading investment companies.
- Unlike most companies, Betterment does not charge a flat monthly fee. Instead, it charges you based on how much you are depositing into your account at any given time. This is ideal for recent college graduates who might not have large amounts of money at their disposal.
- The fees charged are a percentage, usually anywhere between .15-. 35% depending on your portfolio.
- There is no minimum balance, which allows you to invest as much or as little as you can afford.
- You have access to your funds at any time, and have unlimited deposits and withdrawals without an additional fee.
- You have the ability to modify or delete your goals entirely, and can ask an investment professional for advice at any time.
Is it Simple to Use Betterment?
This is one of the most simple investment programs available, which is a definite benefit for those recent college graduates with plenty of other things on their plate. All you have to do to register is create a profile and link your checking account to it. Then, you are guided through a series of questions to help you pinpoint your retirement goals. Once you have these goals in place, Betterment can advise you on how diversified your portfolio should be, and also shows the growth potential over the years.
Regardless of your age, the sooner you can start saving for your retirement, the better your future will be. That is why the easiest way to start saving for recent college graduates is through an investment company like Betterment.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.