The Acumen Private Student Loan is brought to you by http://www.custudentloans.org. After applying for a loan on Private Loan Application you will be redirected to the cuStudent Loans website. The main loan option is the cuScholar Private Student Loan. This loan is available for undergraduate and graduate students.
cuScholar Private Student Loan:
- Variable interest rates ranging from 3-month LIBOR + 2.99% to 8.99%.
- The minimum borrowing amount is $2,000 dollars.
- An undergraduate can borrow up to $120,000 total.
- A graduate can borrow up to $160,000 total.
(At the time of writing this article, the 3-month LIBOR rate is 0.28%)
A borrower can use the money for any qualified educational expense. That includes books, board, tuition and even past due tuition bills. There is no prepayment penalty, and you may cancel your loan within 30 days. There are two options to choose from regarding the payment of the debt, interest only payments or a $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan while still in school.
cuScholar Private Student Loan benefits:
- There is no origination fee.
- Borrowers can enjoy a 1% interest rate decrease after 10% of the loan principal is repaid.
- The cosigner is released after 24 consecutive on-time payments on principal and interest.
Since there is no origination fee, there is no cost to apply for a loan. After 10% of the principal loan cost has been paid, you can enjoy a 1% reduction on your interest rate. For example, if you have a loan for $10,000 and you bring your principal loan debt to $9,000, your interest rate will be reduced by 1%. If you pay the interest and principal debt on time and continuously for 24 months, your cosigner will be released.
cuScholar Private Student Loan eligibility requirements:
- The borrower must be enrolled in an eligible school and pursuing a degree.
- The borrower must be a member of a participating credit union at the time of the application.
- The borrower must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident.
- If the borrowers credit is low or unestablished, they will require a cosigner.
If you are applying for a student loan, it is important that you are already enrolled in an eligible school and are pursuing a degree program, a list of eligible schools can be found at http://www.custudentloans.org/students/eligible-schools/. You must also be a member of a credit union. Don't worry if you aren't a member now, you can always join one. To be eligible for a loan, you must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident. If you have a strong credit score you may be eligible for a loan without a cosigner, if your credit score is less than great or unestablished you will require a cosigner.
Items you will need during the application process:
- A form of government issued identification. That includes passports, state ID cards and drivers licenses.
- A proof of enrollment. This is a copy of an unofficial transcript. This is not required for an incoming freshman.
- Proof of income is also required. Two recent pay-stubs dated within the past 60 days is required. If you have a cosigner, they must supply this information.
The application process is free and easy. More information about the Acumen Private Student Loan by cuStudent Loans can be found at http://www.acumenstudentloans.com/.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.